NASMᵀᴹ CES (online)
As a recognised expert in movement and corrective exercise, you can give a whole new dimension to the way you help your clients. You can significantly reduce the risk of injury and, above all, optimise the quality of life of your clients. By adding another (strong) string to your bow, you can take your business to another level.
BLACK FRIDAY : Use the promo code « BF10 » and get a 10% discount on your course. Offer valid until Wednesday, November 30.
You learn to assess clients in a completely new way: you switch from a general assessment to a specific, in-depth assessment. You will be able to identify movement compensations and the priority measures to be applied, discern which parts of the body needs special attention and design effective and targeted training programs.
By specialising in corrective exercise with NASM™ CES, you help your clients move better and live better. And you can boost your revenue at the same time.
Master the science of movement, targeted assessments and corrective exercises.
- Be trained in in-depth and targeted assessment techniques.
- Reduce the risk of injury.
- Fine tune your assessments, by zones, to identify body parts that need special attention.
- Identify movement compensations to design specific and effective training programs.
- Practise effective rehabilitation strategies.
- Acquire new tools to brush up your communication.
Module 1 : Introduction to corrective exercises
- The importance of corrective exercises
- Science of movement and corrective exercises: relationship between functional anatomy, the human movement system and optimal movement. Integration into an overall corrective exercise strategy
Module 2 : Corrective exercise techniques
- Inhibition techniques: appropriate strategies based on the assessment result
- Stretching techniques: understanding and implementing flexibility training
- Activation techniques: guidelines, precautions and contraindications of isolated strengthening exercises
- Integration techniques: the importance of integrated dynamic movement and its use for performance purposes
Module 3 : Assessment
- Client intake and assessment to create a targeted program to meet their needs
- Static assessment: first step in the assessment of overall body alignment
- Dynamic assessment: choosing the most relevant and focused assessment protocol
- Mobility assessment: perfecting the assessment process according to mobility criteria
Module 4 : Programming strategies
- Corrective strategies for the foot and ankle: analysis of the vital function of this body part in the kinetic chain
- Corrective strategies for the knee: basic anatomy, analysis of faulty muscle activation patterns, corrective strategies and exercises
- Corrective strategies for the lumbopelvic-hip complex: importance of this structure, corrective exercises for safe and effective movement
- Corrective strategies for the thoracic spine and shoulder: anatomy, mechanisms of common injuries, influence of altered thoracic spine movements on the kinetic chain, etc.
- Corrective strategies for the wrist and elbow: study of the complex interaction between the wrist and elbow
- Corrective strategies for the cervical spine: anatomy, systematic assessment strategies, strategies for common injuries
- Stress and energy management: recovery strategies to return to optimal performance.
- Corrective exercise strategies for everyday life: implementation of remedial exercises in a variety of scenarios and environments for clients with different goals.
The following materials are available to participants:
- 100% online training, in English
- Innovative and user-friendly online education portal
- 51 videos
- Coaching demonstrations
- Advanced video animations
- Online exam
- 1 year access
Teaching culminates in one theoretical exam.
The final exam is administered online in the education portal. It consists of 100 multiple choice questions, to be completed in a maximum of 90 minutes. A score of 70% is required to certify the completion of the course. Three attempts at the exam are included in the price of the course.
After successfully completing the multiple choice questionnaire, you will be awarded the "NASM™ Corrective Exercise Specialist certificate".
To participate in the course, you must be at least 18 years old and hold a NASM™ Certified Personal Trainer (or equivalent) certification.
NASM™ Master Trainer
The NASM™ CES training is, in the same way as the NASM™ PES training, an essential prerequisite for any coach who wishes to apply for the NASM™ Master Trainer status. This additional certification is currently being finalised and will be offered for the first time in Belgium in 2022. Get a head start and get your NASM™ Corrective Exercise Specialist certification now.
Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Please send us your www.nasm.org login details by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once your enrolment is validated, you will have access to the course on the www.nasm.org platform within 48 hours and you can start the course whenever you want.
You will receive the reference book in hard copy, it will be sent by post to the address you have given.