More and more senior citizens want to maintain or improve their fitness, enjoy an active lifestyle and take care of their health. We know that exercise preserves and protects your health, and promotes physical and mental well-being. As a trainer working specifically with senior citizens, you'll be able to offer this extraordinary preventive treatment to your clients.
BLACK FRIDAY : Use the promo code « BF10 » and get a 10% discount on your course. Offer valid until Wednesday, November 30.
Numerous studies have proven the many benefits for seniors of physical activity. Exercise reduces the risk and impact of chronic illness, diminishes the risks of falls and injuries, helps improve cognitive function and sometimes even social interactions.
However, working with this growing demographic requires special attention. Learn how to design training sessions which address ageing-related issues.
Understand the ins and outs of ageing and how to support the well-being of senior citizens.
- Understand the effect of ageing on the body and the needs and challenges which come with this.
- Understand the positive and negative effects of physical activity on the body of an older person.
- Understand specific degenerative illnesses.
- Structure and adapt training taking into account the numerous considerations which affect older people.
- Select the most effective strategies to improve the quality of life of older people.
2 days of lessons, alternating between theory and practical sessions
Day 1 teaching
- The effects of ageing
- The needs of an ageing population
- Adapting training for senior citizens
- Structuring training for senior citizens
Day 2 teaching
- The positive impact of physical activity for senior citizens
- Structuring your training according to specific health issues affecting older people
- Structuring your training in order to prevent or better manage specific degenerative illnesses: Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, multiple sclerosis
Approach and certificate
This course has a practical focus.
The aim is for you to master new training tools and methodologies. We ask that you actively participate so that we can issue your attendance certificate at the end of the course.
- To enrol on the course, you must hold a certificate/qualification attesting to basic knowledge of anatomy and training methods. Should you have any questions regarding the prerequisites, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- You must be at least 18.
The Walloon and Flemish Region grants financial aid for this course.
- Intended for self-employed/SMEs in the Walloon Region.
- € 15 VAT included for each hour of education. You can use chèques-formation up to € 180 (12 vouchers) to pay for this course.
- Intended for self-employed/SMEs in the Flemish Region.
- Subsidy of 30% on the price of the course VAT excluded.
Lessons take place between 9.30 and 15.30.
Once you have specified your preferred language, simply choose the schedule that suits you and follow the steps below to confirm your registration. It will take you no more than 2 minutes.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.