Do you want to remain calm and in control if your client suffers an injury or has a seizure? With First Aid training, you’ll learn how to assess the situation and respond safely. This is valuable education or your job, as well as in everyday life.
The First Aid module teaches you how to assess the condition of a person who is injured or ill, to administer first aid without worsening the situation, and to decide whether or not you need to call the emergency services.
To be able to respond rapidly, calmly and effectively in the event of an injury or illness and in certain emergency situations.
- Recognise non life-threatening health issues.
- Assess the condition of the person who has been injured in an accident and administer first aid.
- Decide whether or not to call the emergency services.
- Assess injuries and conditions.
- Attach a splint to a limb.
- Treat an injury and apply a dressing.
- Move a person who has been injured in an accident.
- Treat hypothermia.
- Treat heat exhaustion and heat stroke.
Lessons and exam
- One full day’s teaching, including exam
- Alternating between theory and practical sessions
- First aid characteristics
- Assessing injuries
- Assessing illness
- Signs, symptoms and first aid techniques for the main medical emergencies:
- Breathing difficulties
- Heart attack
- Severe abdominal pains
- Loss of consciousness
- Allergic reaction
- Diabetic emergency (hyperglycaemia and hypoglycaemia)
- Poisoning (ingestion, inhalation and absorption)
- Epilepsy Drugs or alcohol intoxication
- Treating wounds
- Eye injury
- Haemostatic agents
- Immobilisation splints
- Lifting and moving an injured person
- Treatment of burns
Teaching culminates on the same day in a theory exam. To pass, you must score at least 80%.
If the 80% is not achieved, the student will receive an annotated copy of the exam on the same day in order to take note of the errors. The exam will be retaken immediately afterwards.
You must be at least 18 years old.
You must hold a valid CPR/AED qualification.
On passing your exam, you’ll receive a DAN First Aid qualification.
This certification is valid for two years. If you wish to renew it, you will need to complete a one-day refresher course.
You can also enrol for our First Aid in the workplace pack. If you choose to enrol, you will receive an extra "First aid in the workplace” qualification.
This package costs €295 incl. VAT.
The Flemish Region grants financial aid for this course.
- Intended for self-employed/SMEs in the Flemish Region.
- Subsidy of 30% on the price of the course VAT excluded.
We would like to draw your attention to the fact that, following a reform of the 'KMO portefeuille' system, courses aimed at developing technical knowledge and skills to work in the sports and fitness sector (fitness instructor, Personal Trainer...) are no longer eligible for subsidies. We regret this decision, which was made independently of our will. If it turns out, after verification, that certain courses meet the criteria, we will inform you.
Lessons take place between 9.00 and 16.30.
Once you have specified your preferred language, simply choose the schedule that suits you and follow the steps below to confirm your registration. It will take you no more than 2 minutes.
Due to the logistical organization, we kindly request you to ideally register for a course at least 2 weeks prior to the start date.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.