Athletes have high level of expectations from themselves and their coaches. They demand the best from fitness professionals who can provide them with unparalleled performance training results. The NASM Performance Enhancement Specialization (PES) gives you the expertise to improve your client’s performance, at any level, in any sport through:
- DYNAMIC exercise techniques that maximize performance and help prevent injuries.
- INNOVATIVE proven approaches that have been used by almost every professional sports team.
- EVIDENCE-BASED SOLUTIONS that help build tougher, faster and stronger athletes.
At the end of the course you will:
- Have acquired deep insights into functional anatomy as it relates to integrated sports performance training;
- Master program design for performance enhancing cardiorespiratory training programs using base and interval training;
- Be skilled in the programming and coaching of advanced dynamic training techniques within an integrated system to maximize power gains;
- Be proficient in the incorporation of exercises into the athlete’s program which will help decrease the risk of injury and enhance reconditioning;
- Understand mental skill strategies and how to apply them into an integrated training program for the athlete.
The course is run over a period of 4 weeks with 3 course days during which theory and practical elements are alternated. The days are organized so that participants have sufficient time to integrate theoretical concepts and master practical aspects.
Φ LESSON 1
- Introduction to the PES model and the underlying scientific rationale.
- Advanced assessment techniques
- Integrated training for performance
- Concepts in cardiovascular training
Φ LESSON 2
- Concepts in Motor learning and communication
- Advanced concepts in Plyometrics
- Advanced concepts in SAQ (Speed Agility Quickness)
Φ LESSON 3
- Advanced resistance training concepts
- Olympic Lifting for sports performance athletes
- Programming and periodization for sports performance athletes
Φ THEORY EXAM
- Knowledge test and case
Φ STUDY MATERIALS
The following teaching materials are available for the participants after payment of the full registration fee:
- A folder, with a copy of the presented slides during the training and other documents used during the training days, as support for taking notes.
- The slides and other documents are also available via our website in PDF version and can be downloaded by the participants.
- The textbook: NASM ™ Essentials of Sports Performance Training - Second edition (in English).
- Access to the online resources offered by NASM ™ on the NASM.org site: videos, webinars, exercises to prepare for the written exam in the form of a quiz, etc.
- The "NASM ™ PES exam" (90 minutes): 100 online multiple choice questions in English managed by the Physical Coaching Academy.
- Case study (90 minutes). You receive the data and test results from a fictitious customer. Based on this information, you answer six open questions and you must prepare a personalized corrective training program that meets the guidelines of the OPT / PES model.
In case you do not pass:
* The "NASM ™ PES exam" can be retaken twice and at no extra cost. In case of an extra resit, an amount of € 250,- will be charged.
* The case study can be retaken a second (and last time) without additional costs.
In any case, you have a maximum period of 6 months from the last day of the program to take your exams. After this you cannot retake the exam.
- After passing the multiple choice exam, you will receive the "NASM™ Performance Enhancement Specialist certificate".
- After passing your case study, you will receive the Physical Coaching Academy diploma.
Φ CONDITION FOR PARTICIPATION
To participate in this training program, you must be a NASM ™ CPT graduate.
If you have any doubts about the required prior knowledge, please feel free to contact us.
You must be at least 18 years old to take part in the exams.
The costs of this training program are € 1.295, - (including VAT, incl. All study materials and exams).
You can also pay the course in 2 installments of € 679, - (the course costs € 1.358, - incl. VAT).
The total amount due for the registration must be received 7 calendar days before the start of the program.
Classes take place between 9:30 and 15:30. In the weekend, classes generally take place between 10:00 and 16:00 (depending on the opening hours of the fitness centers).
View our schedule, make your choice and complete the registration form.
We process your request after which you receive the payment conditions.
You will receive more detailed information about the training program in the final weeks before the start of the program as well as on the first training day.
12 remaining places
12 remaining places