The Kettlebell, also called Gyria, is a Russian training tool from the 18th century. Kettlebells have been used for several decades by the Russian special forces for their physical preparation.
It is a tool to strengthen muscles and for the physical preparation very interesting to work on core, explosiveness and muscle strength, and works on endurance. Because peoples Kettlebell knowledge is often limited to only two or three movements, the possibilities of the Kettlebell are often not optimally used. A Kettlebell workout is technical and challenging and gives you, as a Personal Trainer, many possibilities to train your client.
During this basic workshop you will learn the technique of about twenty movements with one or two Kettlebells. You also learn, for each exercise, proposals for regression and progression, depending on the level of your client / athlete. The method used for the layout of the exercises is based on the OPT ™ model (Optimum Performance Training) developed by NASM.
During this workshop you will learn how to integrate the Kettlebell into your training programs and at the same time offer variation in the training programs you provide your clients with.
After the workshop you should be able to:
- integrate the use of the Kettlebell as efficiently as possible in your training sessions;
- determine which exercise to apply and how to implement it for the sessions: stabilization, strength and power;
- to coach and correct your clients the right way during a Kettlebell workout;
- apply all movements that are possible with a Kettlebell, considering the posture and safety of your customers.
The workshop lasts one full day, alternating theory and practice.
- Testing and screening (Respiratory pattern and different types of posture abnormalities)
- Link with the NASM ™ OPT model (stabilization, power, power)
- Sets / Reps (Stabilization, power and power phase)
- Training Progression Stabilization Phase (The Get Up, Movement Preparations, Breathing / Stretching)
- Training Progression Strength Phase (Movement Prep, Practice Progression Dead Lift, Practice Progression Squat)
Φ CONDITION FOR PARTICIPATION
You must be at least 18 years old.
The workshop lasts from 9:30 to 15:30. In the weekend, the workshop lasts from 10:00 to 16:00.
View our calendar, make your choice and complete the registration form.
After processing your registration, in the final weeks before the start of the program as well as on the first training day, you will receive more detailed information regarding the run of the training program.
7 remaining places
10 remaining places
9 remaining places
12 remaining places